Our laboratory seeks highly motivated students, who are interested in working on projects that study the evolutionary biology of Altiplano’s species (Andean Plateau). In this sense, our laboratory will focus on integrative zoology, adaptation and the study of speciation (tempo and mode) of the species present in this area. To perform these studies in the framework of phylogenetic inference and phylogeographic studies we currently apply tools from traditional genetics, genomics and transcriptome.
It is in this context that I expect that each student could develop his or her own interests in an independent and creative way, contributing with his or her work, to understand the evolutionary scenario of the Altiplano whole system.
As a student you might be interested in looking at the different programs that the Universidad de Chile offers.
- Licenciado(a) en Ciencias Ambientales, mención Biología
- Licenciado(a) en Ingeniería en Biotecnología Molecular
- Licenciado(a) en Ciencias, mención Biología
- Licenciado(a) en Ciencias Naturales, Licenciado(a) en Educación Media con mención en Ciencias Naturales
- Licenciado(a) en Ciencias Veterinarias y Pecuarias